Whatever your project requirements, we provide a full range of engineering services, including the below disciplines.
- Civil & structural engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Fire, ventilation & safety
- Heat, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- ICT & data network design
- Layout design
- Mechanical engineering
- Plant design
- Process automation & instrumentation
- Process engineering
- Railway & metro
- Rock & underground
- Water supply
- Waste water treatment
- Water networks
We apply leading-edge expertise and knowledge to create successful urban and commercial developments and industrial facilities. We understand what drives the business success of our clients and our design solutions help them to reach their goals.
Moreover, we never lose sight of the human factor. Our goal is to create environments that people enjoy and buildings that enrich people's lives. We provide a unique combination of creativity and experience, as well as technical and commercial know-how, to consistently deliver high levels of service to clients around the world.
We always approach projects in a systematic manner, taking into account strategic and organisational goals as well as the spatial, cost, schedule and technical needs of the client. We define the best available solution and produce the design and documentation for its realisation, acting on behalf of the client towards authorities in planning and permission related matters. We also participate in the realisation in a manner that is needed in each specific case.
Civil & structural engineering
Pöyry has proven experience in structural engineering related to industrial, transportation and real estate projects.
Our expertise covers steel, concrete and combined steel and concrete structures. We have also carried out work for many types of separate structures, such as bridges, caverns, towers and tunnels. We are constantly aware of the latest developments and update our technical expertise when needed. By using state-of-the-art software applications for 3D-modelling as part of building information modelling (BIM), we provide the best solutions possible.
We carry out modelling within tight schedules and carry out modification during the design process. Our structural engineering services are part of the Pöyry Integrated Design (PID) concept. We provide tailor-made services for specific projects by balancing each service component within the PID concept to best serve client interests.
We have carried out structural engineering projects for office and public buildings, sport and entertainment venues, shopping centres, airports and a large number of road and rail projects.
Our main services include:
- Investigation and assessment of actual situation
- Feasibility studies, preliminary and approval design
- Detailed and workshop design, structural calculations
- Redemption calculations and financing applications
- Lifecycle considerations
- Tendering and contract award
- Repair and reconstruction concepts
- Cost and financial planning
- Quality management and quality audits
- Visualisation, laser scanning, computer animation
- Risk and safety assessment
Our team of highly qualified engineers and geologists offers the full range of services in geotechnical engineering and rock mechanics. Our expertise is based on our global experience in designing challenging underground structures in difficult geological conditions. We offer complete project development, from conceptual and feasibility studies to monitoring of excavations and on-site determination of support. Technical knowledge, practical experience on-site, participation in international forums and familiarity with modern computer technology all guarantee that rock mechanical challenges are met. Our goal is to provide technically optimised solutions that minimise cost and risk.
Range of services:
- Assessment and classification of rock masses
- Geological modelling and rock mass structures
- Determination of geo-mechanical parameters
- Analyses and design with 2D and 3D models
- Prediction of stresses and deformation
- Design and optimisation of excavation methods and support
- Short and long-term stability analysis
- Monitoring and instrumentation of underground excavations
- Expert opinions and special consultancy services
Groundwater expertise is needed alongside traditional water supply services in a number of areas, including planning, construction, environmental impact assessments, soil pollution prevention, and water treatment. Pöyry is an experienced specialist in groundwater issues, providing a professional and comprehensive service.
Our services cover all groundwater and artificial groundwater studies necessary, from research design to final reporting, data management to visualisation. Our groundwater research portfolio includes large construction projects, entire sub-region water supply studies, support for applications for soil authorisation, and mining studies. We carry out both large and small projects, with the client’s needs and requirements our top priority.
Our groundwater services include:
- Water supply studies - groundwater and artificial groundwater
- Groundwater management in construction projects
- Groundwater monitoring & monitoring software
- Documentation for applications & planning
- Groundwater protection plans
- Soil and groundwater assessments
- Risk assessments
- Groundwater modelling
- Groundwater for nuclear sites
- Maps and visualisations
- Groundwater research development
Heat, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Pöyry offers planning, supervising and consulting services for all aspects of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, water systems and plumbing for new constructions as well as renovation projects.
We also design cooling systems, clean room solutions, water treatment systems and fire extinguishing systems.
Our services are available for new constructions as well as renovation projects. We design solutions that ensure the profitability of the property during its entire lifecycle.
Our strength lies in our innovative project management skills, technical expertise and professional experience.
We use efficient equipment and the latest design software and applications. We choose a project manager for each project who is then responsible for both client and personnel in all project related matters.
We use the ISO 9001/2000 certified quality management system to ensure quality of every aspect of our projects.
ICT & data network design
Well-designed IT and data transfer connections are a modern necessity, connecting people, processes, and technologies. We are an independent operations, systems and technology supplier, which enables us to provide the best, innovative solutions for your project implementation.
Pöyry's extensive, international resources combine to create sustainable solutions for the implementation of your projects, including:
- Business network engineering in production facilities, ports, airports and utilities
- Planning, development and reliability studies for telecom operators in both fixed and mobile networks
- Regulatory network planning
- Procurement and deployment
- Technology plans, profitability analysis, as well as basic and detail engineering for installation, supervision and commissioning
Pöyry has long international experience in both municipal and industry underground piping design.
Pöyry has strong heritage in plant design across our sectors, from energy to water plants, pulp mills to biorefining and chemical plants.
Pöyry has a strong track record and deep insight of process engineering, from its heritage in the forest industry sector. This has recently diversified, enabling the provision of process engineering services in mining, metals, chemicals and biorefining sectors.
Pöyry offers a wide range of water supply network design services throughout the project life cycle for both municipalities and industries alike.
These services include:
- Social and regional development planning
- General and implementation planning for water supply networks
- Water transmission lines and systems engineering
- Factory areas and piping design
- Stormwater management design and implementation
- Artificial ground water supply wells and regional planning
- Renovation and reorganisation
- Risk assessment and contingency planning
Pöyry has long international experience in both municipal and industry underground piping design. Our wide range of projects experience will help us to see the big picture and find the best possible solutions for your projects. Our design software is at the forefront of the field, which, together with wide-ranging experience and close cooperation, will help ensure a cost-effective and high-quality result.